Stephen Q. Peters
Mr. Peters has practiced law in Tulsa since 1985. He has significant experience in first-chair jury and non-jury trial experience in federal and state courts and in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings. Mr. Peters serves as an adjunct settlement judge in the Northern District of Oklahoma.
Areas of Practice
- Oil and gas litigation and disputes relating to joint operating agreements, exploration and development agreements, gas purchase contracts, disputes between operators and working interest owners, joint ventures, and pipeline operations.
- Trade and competition litigation, to include trade secrets, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation provisions, proprietary and confidential data litigation, and unfair competition.
- Corporate, partnership and limited liability company disputes and litigation, to include both plaintiff and defendant representation related to corporate officer and director duties, fiduciary duties, accountings, transfers of assets, receiverships, dissolution, and derivative lawsuits in a wide variety of business.
- Commercial and Residential real estate disputes.
- Trust and Estate litigation, including representing parties in trust and probate litigation.
- Defamation litigation, primarily representing plaintiffs who have been defamed or cast in a false light.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Southern Methodist University (1981)
- Bachelor of Arts (English with Departmental Distinction), Southern Methodist University (1981)
- Juris Doctorate, University of Oklahoma (1985)
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in the United States Courts for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the Cherokee Tribal Court, and various other Courts on an as needed basis.